Help On South Africa/Smartours

Feb 9th, 2005, 04:47 AM
Original Poster

Help On South Africa/Smartours

Have any of you traveled with Smartours to South Africa??? Please tell me of your experience with them, in particular, regarding the type of service, guides, side trips, hotel accomodations, quality and age of people on the tour, food, etc. Was your trip fantastic or just so-so? Please help. We are hoping to go on the March or April, 2005 tour. Thanks.
Mar 4th, 2005, 08:14 AM

Some friends of our had recommended them. They went on their Kenya trip and loved it. There were people on the Kenya trip who had also done the South Africa trip, so that's return business. Unfortunately we could use them because they don't have any June departures and that's when we wanted to go.
Mar 4th, 2005, 08:17 AM

Oops. I meant to say we "couldn't" use them. Also realized I didn't answer your question about the people who use them. Our friends are in their 50's (I think they took the trip 4 years ago) and live in the suburbs of Chicago. Well educated. She's a high school guidance counselor and he owns his own business. They are very frequent travelers - have been to all kinds of exotic places. I would trust their judgement.

Search this Thread