Visa to enter Egypt

Old Feb 12th, 2000, 12:49 PM
Phyllis

Visa to enter Egypt

Would anyone know if it is easy to get a visa once we have entered Cairo airport from US? Or would it be easier to apply to the Egyptian consulate. I hate mailing my passport.

Old Feb 12th, 2000, 01:11 PM
Louise

Phyllis - we are leaving in one week for Cairo from the U.S. We were told by the tour operator that is just as easy if not easier to get the visa at the airport. It is either $l5 or $20 - I have heard two differing amounts.

Old Feb 12th, 2000, 06:12 PM
Phyllis

Thanks,Louise. I would greatly appreciate it if you would e-mail me or post a message when you return and let me know what it cost and how long it took.I'm not going till April.

Old Apr 3rd, 2000, 02:50 PM
Michelle

Most nationalities can get a visa upon arrival at the airport at a cost of $15.00 US. The amount of time it takes you at the airport to get your visa depends upon the number of flights that have just arrived and the number of tourists that arrived without visas.

Old Apr 3rd, 2000, 03:26 PM
Marsha

I flew to Egypt last month and it was very fast and easy to get the visa upon landing in Cairo.

Old Apr 4th, 2000, 02:53 AM
Dick

Interesting. I was strongly encouraged by my local agent to use visa service. Was speedy (less than 2 weeks) but charge was $44 per visa. And, yes had to send passports. Could insure for an additional fee.

Old Apr 9th, 2000, 10:32 AM
kam

Visited Sept. 99. Visa is $15 & can be bought at airport, as soon as you step off the plane. This was probably the simplest experience on our entire trip. Have a great time!

Old Apr 21st, 2000, 05:12 AM
edkchicago

Visited Egypt in November. Purchased Visa at Thomas Cook bureau just before passing through customs. Take note that you must have exact change (meaning either a 10 & 5 or 3 5's) also use center window--if you wait in other lines they will send you back to center line. Also no picture required. <BR>Hopes this helps.