Help needed, 5 days from Jo'burg

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2007, 05:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I will be getting to Jo'burg 5 days before the rest of our family. When they come we will go to Victoria Falls, lux safari camp, Cape town (and Sun City??). I need to plan our time before they come. We will not rent a car and deal with "wrong side" traffic. Need suggestions..could go to another safari camp, could go anywhere, but I think 1 or 2 days Jo'burg enough. Recommendations for destinations, travel agency, guide (?) all welcome.
Old Jan 28th, 2007, 06:03 AM

In what country is the lux safari camp?
If not Sabi Sands in SA, fly up there for 2-4 nights. Do a safari in one of the many camps there.

Johannesburg:
Soweto
DeWildt Cheetah Sancturary (never been, but keep trying to go) not open every day of the week
If you are staying in a hotel, these tours can be arranged there. No driving required.

Can you use the agent that planned the other parts of your trip?

Old Jan 28th, 2007, 07:16 AM

fly to a beach resort in mozambique?

fly up to a camp in botswana?

for me 5 days = a vacation, so i would go far away and pack it in, unless you live close by and envision being in this region many more times?

Old Jan 28th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Original Poster

Lux camp Kruger. Botswana sounds interesting. We have not used travel agent, but I will try some of the SA tour sites. I do want to make the most of the time since I doubt we will be back.
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 12:06 AM
santharamhari

Elainee,

Botswana is fantastic!!! another vote. I suggest adding the 5 days along with your already scheduled safari time to Botswana. Vic Falls combines well with Botswana safari. Just get your family to meet at one of the camps....start off with the safari, do Vic falls and then go on to Cape Town.

Kwando safaris have fantastic Botswana camps and Songwe village in Livingstone, Zambia.

Wilderness safaris is another very good company where you can combine both Botswana and Vic falls(River Club)....

Hari

Old Jan 29th, 2007, 05:56 AM
Original Poster

It all sounds good. I need to use a SA travel agent to do this planning. The Flysaa website is more than difficult. Can anyone recommend a SA travel agent to do these arrangements for me?
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 06:06 AM
santharamhari

elainee,

Check the Kwando safaris website www.kwando.co.za

they have travel agents listed from around the world. Send emails to some agents who are located in your home country......

Hari