Help - Honeymoon Africa location for Nov 2008

Old Feb 25th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help - Honeymoon Africa location for Nov 2008

Hello. We are getting married in November and possibly thinking of going back to Africa for our honeymoon. We have both been to Africa before (though not together) and loved it. I have been on safaris to Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, South Africa, Botswana, and Zimbabwe. My fiance has been to Kenya and South Africa. All of our previous trips have been during September.

I am not sure where to go during November because of the weather. We would like to spent 7-10 days adventure(i.e. Safari) followed by 7 days of relaxation (i.e. beach). We are all over the place from going to Tanzania then to Mozambique or Madagascar or Mauritius.

Honeymoon would be from ~Nov 9th-27th.

Any thoughts/recommendations on areas to go during this time of year would be greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 26th, 2008, 12:31 AM

Hi Kathi,

I feel that depending on when in November (rather earlier than later) that Tanzania would be brilliant honeymoon. I was there in at the beginning of November and there wasn't any rain yet and the animals in the Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater were out of this world. You could even do a hot air balloon ride in the morning should you budget be there for it and you stay at a nearby lodge.

You could make a great combo with Zanzibar for the beach portion. There are loads of options but always recommend the North west of the island as the beaches are just way nicer as they aren't affected by the tide to the extent that the east coast is (there are loads of stunning places to stay at to suit different budgets.

I must say another option is to do a Botswana and Mozambique combo. Either doing a Chobe trip (which is easy to get there from Vic Falls) and then fly into Mozambique to one of the lodges. Once again there are quite a variety depending on your budget.

Have a great time

Andrew Walton
Old Feb 26th, 2008, 05:35 AM

Hi Kathi,

there is asilialodges which I like a lot. They are both luxury and very authentic bush experience and they give the chance to be near the animals because they have semi-permanent camps in the Serengeti. They have camps in Tarangire and Serengeti and Sanzibar. Have a look on the webpage: www.asilialodges.com/

We never have been to Matemwe Bungalows on Sanzibar but it looks great and we met a couple at Sayari (North Serengeti) and they said its amazing.

To book it ou have to go through a agent.

all the best!
Old Feb 26th, 2008, 06:25 AM

We went to Tanzania and Zanzibar in November (second two weeks of Nov.) and the safari part was fabulous. Only brief rain--it was never a problem and the temps were great. Zanzibar was a bit hot/humid for our tastes (we are just 60) but still very very interesting. You can check our time out with photos at www.pbase.com/pattyroth and trip report at "Safari for Photography with Roy" in Tanzania. WE had been on a brief safari years earlier in Kenya and loved that too--at Little Governer's Camp.
Old Feb 27th, 2008, 04:55 AM

Hi there

Not sure on your budget, but a fantastic honeymoon is to combine Zambia (lower Zambezi) and mozambique it is a great combination or go to Madagascar for somethig completly different, madagascar is life altering. ypu can start with a 8/9 day your to see the wildlife and do some hiking and finish off with 5 days at Anjanjavy, you will not regret it, it is mind blowing!