Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page > Help! Globus was booked to Egypt. How are Gate1 travel tours?

Help! Globus was booked to Egypt. How are Gate1 travel tours?

Jul 25th, 2000, 07:11 AM
shannon

Help! Globus was booked to Egypt. How are Gate1 travel tours?

We thought we would go with Globus tours. After we checked it all out (all in one week's time) we discovered that they are booked until December! We have our hearts set on going to Egypt and we can't go any other time except September. Gate1 travel has a tour that sounds similar to the Globus tour. Have you used them? What are your feelings about them? Dying to go, but at the moment we don't have any one to go WITH! Help!

Aug 1st, 2000, 08:46 PM
Susan

I went to Egypt with Gate 1 last year and loved them....you will have a great time. I did the Gate 1 deluxe tour of Egypt (worth the extra bucks) but we spent many days with the people on more run of mill tour. By the way, the GLobus people were at the same sights with us and had to pay separately each time...but Gate 1 covers it all. Gate 1 also has very small trips (20 is max per trip) and my trip had 4 at start and 8 at end. We also had a great Egyptologist along with way who spent lots of time teaching us Egypt things. Gate 1 rules!!!

Search this Thread