Hotels in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 04:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are the nicest hotels in these cities? We will be there in July.

Thanks,
Laura
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 07:30 PM

David's Citadel is very nice.
What are you looking for? High class, great location, local flair, Western amenities, reasonable value?
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 08:32 PM
Original Poster

High class would be nice. Great location as well. Local flair is always appreciated.

Is it safe to travel there??
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 02:20 PM
Original Poster

Looking at King David vs David Citadel in Jerusalem, and between Dan Tel Aviv and Hilton Tel Aviv.

Any comments?
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 03:50 PM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
The David Citadel (former Hilton I think) is a little sterile IMO, but certainly nice. The King David is THE class act in W. Jerusalem. One veggie burger in the restaurant will convince you. The two hotels are a three-minute walk from one another. You might also have a look at the American Colony Hotel, albeit in East Jerusalem. Historic and lovely property.

I think the Tel Aviv Dan is a bit soul-less, but it's certainly a nice hotel. There are a number of excellent hotels all along Hayarkon and/or the waterfront in Tel Aviv, pretty comparable to the eye.
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 08:01 PM
Original Poster

Thank you very much! What hotel would you recommend in Tel Aviv??

THANKS!
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 08:19 PM

We always stay at the Yamit Park Plaza, on Hayarkon next to the US embassy. Not the most deluxe nor the most expensive, but totally acceptable. Easy walking to the beach, shopping, etc.
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 07:23 PM

Tel Aviv Sheraton is beautiful, the Hilton, Intercontinental, Dan are good choices, all on the beach, very close to each other.
Old Feb 25th, 2005, 02:36 PM
Original Poster

Thank you very much! IS the Sheraton or Hilton nicer than the Dan in Tel Aviv? Sounds like the King David is the place to be in Jerusalem.
Old Apr 3rd, 2005, 02:17 PM
CFW

How is the Sheraton Plaza in Jerusalem. We have starwood points & were thinking of the Sheraton Plaza in Jerusalem & the Hilton in Tel Aviv. Alternatively, we could do the Sheraton in Tel Aviv & something else in Jerusalem. Has anyone stayed in these hotels recently to compare them? Between the Sheraton & the Hilton in Tel Aviv, which has the nicer rooms, beach & pool?
Old Apr 5th, 2005, 11:35 AM

Gardyloo, you really have been everywhere! kudos to you. (nothing further to add here, sorry).
Old Jul 20th, 2005, 06:05 PM

David Citadel, sterile? I must disagree. We thought it the BEST hotel we've ever stayed in in Israel. The room was huge, the marble bathroom with separate bathtub and shower was gorgeous and the lovely Ahava products an added bonus. The service was very good and the view of the Old City from our room's balcony was delightful. I'd compare it in youthful spirit to a W hotel or other modern style high end hotel, while the King David is more old fashioned in style and decor. I'd go back to the David Citadel in a heartbeat!
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 05:40 AM

Just got back from Jerusalem and Tel Aviv. In Jerusalem we stayed at both the King David and American Colony.

I thought the K.David was nice but too corporate for my tastes meaning everyone was in business attire talking on their cell phones and having business meetings at meals. We had a two room suite. The bathroom was very large with both shower and tub and double sinks.

I just loved the American Colony. The room was not as nice (smaller bath, 1 sink, shower/tub combo) but the ambience of the place was very special to me. It felt other worldly. The gardens were stunning and the pace of the place was more understated elegance, in my opinion. But the location is in East Jerusalem, not quite as close to some of the tourist sites. The food was fabulous as well. I would definitely choose the American Colony next time.

In Tel Aviv we stayed at the Dan Tel Aviv. I thought it was just ok, not much personality. The bathroom was small and actually very similar to American Colony. Food was barely ok in my opinion. The room was just fine and there was fresh fruit for us when we arrived.
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 08:24 AM

I said the David Citadel was a <i>little</i> sterile <i>IMO</i> (note italics.) It is quite nice and certainly well located. Like the King David, though, it's more than we like to spend on hotels, so we stay at the YMCA Three Arches across the street for half the price. Older decor and more - ahem - character - perhaps, but it suits us okay.
Old Oct 7th, 2005, 03:14 AM
CFW

ttt
Old Oct 8th, 2005, 06:37 PM
CFW

Still looking for opinions on the rooms at the Sheraton Plaza in Jerusalem and the Sheraton Hotel and Towers in Tel Aviv from someone who has stayed at either of these hotels recently. Anyone?