Help along the garden route

Jul 5th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Original Poster

Help along the garden route

We will be on a 3 week self guided caravan tour of SA in Oct. Our major points of interest are Aldo, Kruger, and up to Victoria Falls. Any suugestions or advice on points of interest along the way would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tom
Jul 5th, 2005, 10:26 PM

Tom,

If you answer the following questions it might help in terms us giving you some advice for your journey.

1. Where do you start your journey, i.e into which city will you fly into SA or possibly Zimbabwe and where do you pickup your car and caravan?

2. Where do you end your journey i.e in which city do you hand back your caravan and car as well as where do you fly out of SA or possibly Zimbabwe?

3. Will you have your caravan with you wherever you go or will you be unhitching and returning in certain places eg. when you travel up to Vic Falls possibly?

4. Other than Addo, Kruger and Vic falls are there any "must do" events in your tour plans?

5. Have you set aside any amount of time that you want to spend in Addo, Kruger or Vic Falls individually?

If you answer the above I am sure somebody on this board, myself included, will be able to help you further.

Very proudly part of the wonderful nation of South Africa

Jul 6th, 2005, 09:04 AM

Would love to know more of your plans.

Many companies offer camper van hire but I have not heard of caravan hire.

I came to South Africa 10 years ago and one of the first things we did was to buy a caravan and traveled all over. South Africa has wonderful caravan sites. I think the Tsitsikamma National Park is the best, you will kept awake by the Indian Ocean, the site is right next to the sea.

The site in Addo is great is the Mountain Zebra National park.

Kruger sites are also great but it is a long, long drive with a caravan from Addo to Kruger.

Do you have to drop your rig back where you started ? Where do you start and finish ?

Search this Thread