Help! Advice on Botswana, VF, Manu

Jun 5th, 2004, 04:46 AM
Original Poster

Help! Advice on Botswana, VF, Manu

My hubby and I are planning a trip to Botswana, Vic Falls and maybe Manu Pools next year. With all the options of participatory camping, non-participatory camping, lodging, different tour operators, and combinations of destinations to chose from....I am starting to get overwhelmed.

We'd like to spend $5k USD for the two of us excluding international flights for and total of 14 days (incl. travel). We definitely want to do Vic Falls for 2-3 days.
I have heard that Manu Pools in Zimbabwe is amazing....but have also heard great things about the Chobe river and particularly the Okavango Delta.

I have been on safari before and although I loved seeing the wild animals, after a few days of doing this, I'm ready to do something a little different...perhaps enjoy some tribal culture or do something adventurous like bungee jumping or white water rafting.

Would a canoe safari in Manu Pools in addition to poling in a mokoro in the Okavango be overkill? Plus I would imagine charter flights to Manu Pools are expensive.

Also, are there any recommended local tour operators that offer comparable tours less expensively than their tour counterparts with fancier websites and brochures?

I'm looking for something that is a good value...has good food....preferably non-participatory camping/lodging and that will encompass an array of different experiences and stay within our $5k budget total for the two of us. Thank you in advance for you insight. Allison

Search this Thread