HELP - 7 days touring the West Coast of Turkey

Mar 4th, 1999, 08:57 AM
Mike

HELP - 7 days touring the West Coast of Turkey

In Sept, we plan to visit the West Coast of Turkey. We plan to arrive via Rhodes - Bodrum and travel north, eventually arriving in Istanbul. Not sure by bus or rent-a-car or how? Looking for a nice balance between visiting sites and relaxation. Also, any suggestions on "must see" places, routes of travel, method of travel, places to stay, or things not worth visiting will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Mar 7th, 1999, 11:57 AM
M & J

We spent last Thanksgiving in Istanbul. Suggest you look at this web site:
www.turizm.net In Istanbul, you have to take a Bosphorus Cruise, departs from Eminonu Dock 3--touts will be hawking "special cruises" but stick to the ferry, very cheap about $5.00 for both of us, and get off at Anadolu Kavagi, walk to ruins of the fort/castle (great photos). We ate at a little restaurant on the harbor called Mercan on their second floor overlooking the harbor. For other ideas on Istanbul, email us .

Mar 13th, 1999, 12:52 AM
Denise

Hi Mike,
I did a trip like your upcoming one last September and what a time we had.
We left Istanbul after 3 nights pickedup a car from the airport and drove to near Fethiye, left the car at Dalaman and flew back to Istanbul. If you care to email me with questions etc. I will give you a few spots to visit and relax, one of my favourite spots out of Italy and Turkey. Can I come tooooooooooo???? Denise

Search this Thread