HELP!

May 27th, 2004, 06:15 AM
Original Poster

HELP!

I have been trying for days to make a reservation for safari in Hwange and to see Victoria Falls. I have tried calling and sending fax and am unable to get through to anyone. Several times, someone has answered, but the line is so broken, we cannot complete a conversation. I don't have any email addresses - can't find them - so I can't go that route either. If anyone has any suggestions, please help! Thanks.
Jun 6th, 2004, 01:23 AM

I would contact a Travel Agent that specializes in Zimbabwe, I cannot name one but I am sure other posters on the forum will help, perhaps if you re-posted with heading ' Need t/a for Zimbabwe' you will get some fast responses. Good Luck. Both places by the way are excellent!
Jun 6th, 2004, 04:34 AM

Mary Kay,

Don't trust anyone over the telephone (or email) only in person once you arrive. Do not send money in advance. Your hotel will be able to give advice once you arrive, as there is always someone available to take you. The problem in Zimbabwe is that there is no money and supplies are hard to come by. Most people will sound honest but will run with your money (even a deposit), never to be heard from again. I'm sorry that my post sounds
so negative, because Zimbabwe is a wonderful country to visit with endless things to see, the people are just so poor and desparate, it's hard to know who to trust, even the "established" companies are questionable. My brother lives in a little village about 2 hours from Bulawayo, if I speak to him I will ask his opinion. Have fun!

Search this Thread