Heat in Morocco in mid to late September?

Old Jun 27th, 2024, 12:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heat in Morocco in mid to late September?

My husband and I are planning to go to Morocco (our first trip there) in September, after an event we're attending in Barcelona from Sept.1st to 9th. We need to be back in the US by October 3rd. My concern is the weather and how hot it might be in Morocco. I know that July and August are the hottest months there. But we went to Istanbul a few years ago at the same time of year (thinking it wouldn't be as hot) and I was miserable; it was so hot most days! We are considering perhaps staying in Spain for at least a week more, and then going to Morocco toward the latter part of September instead. Of course, if we did that, we would see less places in Morocco because Oct. 3rd is a hard stop.

I would appreciate some opinions on what we should do. We are always prepared for the heat with linen clothing, hats, good hydration and common sense. Nevertheless, I was just dying in Istanbul most days that September and I really don't want to repeat that experience. Thanks!
Old Jun 27th, 2024, 09:40 AM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
One never knows for sure what the weather will do so the best information available will be on sites with historic averages, such as weatherbase.com, the one I use.

The site gives data on particular cities so youíll likely find that coastal cities such as Rabat & Essaouira will be cooler than inland such as Marrakech & Fes so check any that might interest you & proceed accordingly. Since your time will be short itís as good a way to narrow the possibilities as any.