Have you heard of this touring agent?

Jun 14th, 1999, 04:19 PM
Holly

Have you heard of this touring agent?

I am interesting in taking a ten day tour via Travel in Style/Nubian Nile Cruises called "Cleopatra's Dream." The company is based out of San Francisco and the price is too good to be true, which makes me concerned that it is. I would appreciate advice, especially from anyone who may have traveled with this agency.

Jun 14th, 1999, 05:47 PM
Amy

That is so funny that you posted b/c I was going to ask the same thing!!!

Sorry I can't confirm anything experience-wise as I too am considering booking a trip with them—a 10-day Tour of Egypt with a Nile Cruise. ("blue waters of egypt"??)

However, I have talked to them and emailed them. I asked straight out why was their tour $1670 while every other tour begins around $1999 and goes up from there. He said they specialize in the middle east and nothing else, which lowers their expenses. Also they are based in Cairo, which he claimed helps too.

Another thing is that you are not in the same "tour group" all the way through the tour. For instance, on our trip to the pyramids and in Cairo we'll be with one group, while the folks on the Nile Cruise may be totally different altogether. I don't know if this is good or bad. I am indifferent; it doesn't bother me either way as long as we have knowledgable, English-speaking guides, which they guarantee.

Also, while the other tours stay at the Ramses Hilton, Mena House, Sheratons, and the like, Travel In Style books about one star lower. My Frommer's has one of Travel in Style's hotels in the Moderate section and describes it as "in the upper range of moderate". It still has a/c, private baths, and Frommers speaks quite highly of the place, so I believe this is acceptable accomodation (I hope). This too probably helps the $$.

I am hoping TIS is the "mid range" tour option I have been searching for. In the Egypt market, it seems you either rough it on your own or pay through the nose for top-notch "luxury." I want something in between!

I too would like to hear from anyone who has traveled with Travel In Style!

Jul 1st, 1999, 10:01 PM
steve

haven't heard of travel in style but in May my wife and I used Imaginative Traveller - a UK based company with offices in Cairo. Its prices are mid-range and we had a fantastic time. Not too organised, mid range accom but they provided a local archaelogist for majority of the tour. They have a 30 person cruiser called the Amy which is just delightful - excellent food and small enough to stop anywhere thwy wanted.
Check out their website or email me.
regards
Steve

Search this Thread