Have airline tix, now I need help

May 4th, 2005, 01:49 AM
Original Poster

Have airline tix, now I need help

After 4 days of trying was able to secure milage tix to South Africa in January. Now I need to book land very quickly as I am only holding tix until Friday.

I am looking for suggestions for 2 different game parks. What My budget is about 650 per person per day for game parks. I Figure 2 nights at something more than that and 3 nights at something less than that would work. Any suggestions would be helpful. My priority is great game viewing and nice accomodations.
May 4th, 2005, 04:55 AM

Ellene,

That is a bit of a tight budget, but I do think that if you were willing to go to only one game park that you could accomplish your goal.

Another Fodorite had great success with Makalolo Plains in Hwange, Zimbabwe, this last January, and four nights here would probably not break the bank for you.

http://www.wilderness-safaris.com/ca...sp?map_id=2560

Also, in case you have not been to Victoria Falls, this would afford you the opportunity to perhaps visit for one night. While not a second game park, it is one of the seven natural wonders of the world!

If you need any help with a booking agent, e-mail me, as I have booked my safari this year with one of Wilderness Safaris top agents and I can provide you with contact information.

Quite honestly, not too many game parks are going to be at their best in January, but Makalolo Plains should be great for a January visit.
May 4th, 2005, 07:30 AM

Ellene -- Are you flying into Jo'burg or Cape Town? In Sabi Sands, we stayed at Chitwa Chitwa Safari Lodge and enjoyed it very much -- fantastic game viewing -- we even saw leopards mating. Very nice accommodations and good food. It fits in your budget too. We booked it through Taga Safaris because they were able to get us a better deal than we could get ourselves. There is another lodge nearby called Elephant Plains which shares traversing rights over the same area with Chitwa Chitwa which was highly recommended as well and is in about the same price range. You can go to www.tagasafaris.co.za to see various places and inquire as to prices.
May 4th, 2005, 11:56 AM

My personal favorite Mala Mala in Sabi Sands is only 500 per person per night.

Search this Thread