Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   Has anyone used eyesonafrica.com? (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/has-anyone-used-eyesonafrica-com-507574/)

ovenbird Feb 27th, 2005 08:55 AM

Has anyone used eyesonafrica.com?

A friend lives in the Chicago area and is looking for a local company to book her first time safari to Botswana - most likely Wilderness Safaris camps. Has anyone had any experience with this company? They have one of the best websites, but I haven't found any posters who have actually booked through them.

atravelynn Feb 27th, 2005 09:06 AM

No, but I did an informatinal interview with them about a year ago to consider them as a potential agent and thought they were pretty good.

I have also emailed very specific questions and have received prompt, excellent information in return that indicates their knowledge of specific species and their behaviors at specific camps. I was impressed, especially because I was not a client and not requesting an itinerary, just information.

ovenbird Feb 27th, 2005 01:25 PM

atravelynn: Thanks for the input. Was there a specific reason you didn't use them?

jasher Feb 27th, 2005 01:36 PM

EOA arranged my trip to Botswana this year, and they've been wonderful. They are real experts on Southern Africa. Nicky, one of the owners, used to work for Wilderness and knows everything there is to know about their camps. I usually make my own arrangements (not really a practical option for Botswana, especially for the Wilderness camps), so I was originally a bit nervous about working with an agency, but it has turned out great. I highly recommend them!

atravelynn Feb 27th, 2005 05:43 PM

I had already booked and committed with another agency that I've had a long relationship with. But I am going to consider EOA in the future.

Thanks for your comments, Jasher.

ovenbird Feb 27th, 2005 06:13 PM

jasher: Thanks for your input too. It's good to know EOA comes highly recommended. I'll let my friend know and I'll keep this in mind for our next trip to southern Africa. It may be a while, but we will certainly make it back there someday. This year we're doing a 3 week birding trip to Madagascar with a very short safari in Kruger...unfortunately, no time to do more...boo hoo.

napamatt Mar 1st, 2005 06:03 AM

Just got back from a trip booked through EOA and everything went according to plan. In the process of planning I have found Nicky and James to be not only efficient and totally reliable, but realy friendly, charming people as well, willing to share their own experiences to improve ours.

ovenbird Mar 2nd, 2005 04:35 AM

napamat: Thanks for your thumbs up for EOA. My friend is thrilled she is able to use a local agent which comes highly recommended. She's excited already just thinking about going on safari!