Search

lockers in JoBurg airport

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 03:41 PM
chloe

lockers in JoBurg airport

I am heading to S.A. tomorrow and just realized that we need to store some luggage in the JoBurg airport for a few days. I vagually remember reading several posts about lockers but now I can't seem to find them. Where are the lockers to store luggage in the airport and are they easy to use? Thank you!

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 09:57 PM
local

There are lock-up facilities in the basement below international arrivals in terminal 2. Follow the signs for "Lock up luggage". (Ask at the Information booths for directions.) The cost is R12,00 per bag for every 12 hours. Make sure that your bags, etc can lock very well. <BR> <BR>Enjoy your visit!!

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 07:44 AM
Andy

We have to leave a couple of cases there for a week whilst we're on safari. <BR> <BR>Can we rest easy that they will be there on our return? <BR> <BR>Andy

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 11:37 PM
local

Andy, my first reaction is that there should not be any problem. They are putting huge effort in making the airport "user friendly". Check out www.airports.co.za (go to Airports and Johannesburg International Airport) and ask them if it your luggage would be safe. I would think so.

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 02:59 AM
Andy

Thanks - I checked out the site and they're making a big effort on security aren't they?

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 05:45 PM
john

SAA has free baggage checks for travelers going to skukuza, Kurger national park, its free and safe we left several bags without locks for 5 days. The counter is right next to the saa domestic check in.