HARARE?!!THINGS TO DO

Jul 27th, 1999, 06:51 PM
Meg

HARARE?!!THINGS TO DO

We are spending two nights in Harare at the Cresta Jameson. We are wondering what to do while we are there? Thanks!

Aug 11th, 1999, 03:01 PM
Sarah

I had a few days in Harare and went to the Bally Vaun Park. You can do a Safari, ride elephants, canoe trip, picnic, see the small collection of animals. A fantastic day out and very very close to Harare.

Aug 24th, 1999, 02:40 PM
Patricia

The Larvon Bird Sanctuary is a wonderful place if you enjoy birds. The Lion and Cheetah Park is fun but go at feeding time or you could miss out. The Rhino Cruise on Lake Chivhyo is well worth it too. We got within 20 feet of animals and had a great lunch at the lodge too. Also you can spend a lot of time bartering at the Mbare market for wonderful wood and stone carvings. Take T-shirts, pens and leather goods to trade and you'll make wonderful deals. Have fun!

Aug 31st, 1999, 01:09 PM
Tamsen

You will need at least one day just to walk around and look at the markets, the public gardens, the botanical gardens and the center of the city.

I would also suggest a trip out to the sculpture gardens. I can't remember the name, but it should be listed in guide books--I learned of it through my lonely planet guide. As you probably know, Zimbabwe is known for its sculpture. At the gardens, you can see exhibits of some of the more well-known artists, and you can see some artists at work. I am not much of an art person--I never go to art museums--but I really enjoyed this.

Search this Thread