halfway jberg to Krger accomodation

Dec 2nd, 2005, 08:14 AM
Original Poster

halfway jberg to Krger accomodation

Can anyone recommend somewhere really lovely to stay halfway between Jberg and Kruger?
Dec 2nd, 2005, 12:36 PM

Half way would put you in Belfast, not a very exciting town. I would suggest that you bight the bullet and drop down the escarpment for an hour or so and rest ate Cybele Forest Lodge, maybe Blue Mountain. They are more than comfortable guest houses and just on a third of the distance.

If you wish you could do a search on Dullstroom that is a little of course but closer to the half way mark. it is in the mountains and makes for an interesting next mronings journey down to Sabi and on to the kruger.

This is anticipating that you plan on enetering the Kruger at the Kruger Gate as there are various others which would have you accessing the area from a different route.
Dec 2nd, 2005, 04:20 PM

I stayed at a place in Dullstroom which wasn't great but cheap. There was a very upscale country hotel, but it was full, someone on the board may remember it's name.
Dec 3rd, 2005, 01:32 AM

The "upscale" hotel to which you're probably referring is the Critchley Hackle Lodge. I've never stayed there, although I've been inside. But it's right on the main road, within Dullstroom, albeit in large and beautiful grounds.

I'd recommend Walkersons, where I have stayed. It is slightly out of town and down in a valley so well off the road. I think both hotels have the same owner and I think have similar prices. You can reach both of their websites from www.walkersons.co.za.
Dec 3rd, 2005, 08:21 AM

Arthur - thats it, thanks. We tried to get in becuase we didn't like our accomodations but they were full.

Search this Thread