guesthouse capetown

May 6th, 2003, 07:40 AM
Original Poster

guesthouse capetown

We are looking for a nice guesthouse around capetown. We would prefer something close to a beach, maybe in camps bay or clifton. We are considering whale cottage, there is one in camps bay and one in bakoven. Anybody have any info on those? or any other nice guesthouses? thank you so much!
May 6th, 2003, 02:10 PM

Hi Misskris,

Whale Cottage in Camps Bay is very well positioned next to the sea and close to Camps Bay. The guesthouse is run on professional lines and if it has any drawback I would say that the rooms are rather smallish.

I dont know the Clifton Whale Cottage so I cannot comment on that one.

Other sea view guesthouses to look at that really are nice which I have had great experience with as a Cape Town tourism professional are Camps Bay Terrace ( www.campsbayterrace.com ) and Clifton House (http://www.cliftonhouse.co.za/ )

Hope this helps.

Enjoy our city when you visit us.

Selwyn Davidowitz
[email protected]

May 7th, 2003, 07:48 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much, Selwyn!!! Have you ever heard of Camps Bay Village Appartments, Brighton Court? I looked into those and they seem very nice.
May 7th, 2003, 02:20 PM

Hello Misskris,

Brighton Court has a wonderful location just off the Camps Bay beach. The building is rather old but even so still is in good condition. The rooms are pretty spacious. Please bear in mind that the apartments in Brighton Court do not come under a bed and breakfast header, however this should present no problem as there are a myriad of choices of places within 100 yards from Brighton Court where you could have breakfast; that is if you dont want to make breakfast yourself. With that said you are 50 yards away from the biggest supermarket chain in SA viz. Pick and Pay.

Brighton Court is marketed amongst others by Village and Life and in case you have been seeing other websites for the apartments then go to http://www.villageandlife.com and se more.

All in all recommended accommodation imho.

Hope this helps.

Selwyn Davidowitz
[email protected]

Search this Thread