Guerba vs. Imaginative Traveller

Jul 1st, 2002, 02:59 PM
laura

Guerba vs. Imaginative Traveller

hello All,

i am going to book a 3 week trip to Egypt this week. I am considering two outfitters, and am having a tough time deciding... the both cover mostly the same ground... i am more concerned with dealing with a reputable company that delivers on its promise. I should mention that I have traveled quite a bit ( most recently to Turkey) so i am accustomed to the different standards applied in hotel rooom "luxury" etc...Can anyone give a recommedation for either company?

cheers,
laura

Jul 4th, 2002, 09:27 PM
April

I did a safari with Guerba and have friends who did and went back for more. I believe Guerba has been in business for some time and they seemed just fine. They were very cleanliness conscious, we ate better than others we saw on similar trips, and our gear was locked on the truck. One outfit we saw simply packed theirs in a separate trailer which was slit by thieves, we heard. On the minus side, our itinerary was slightly altered, the shower on the truck didn't work and I wouldn't have minded if the crew was more knowledgeable about wildlife. That said, I would go with them again... if I wanted that kind of 'roughing it' trip.

Accommodations may be more upscale in Egypt - I don't know. We were mostly camping but, where kitty-money allowed, we got to stay in lodges or hotels.

I would also consider Dragoman for a similar kind of trip. Sorry, I don't know anything about Imaginative Traveller.

Search this Thread