Group Trip to Israel

Nov 25th, 2013, 01:29 AM
Original Poster

Group Trip to Israel

Hello all,

I was wondering if I could ask for advice regarding accommodation and sightseeing on a trip I am taking to Israel with a group of 9 other work colleagues on a business/personal trip.

Our itinerary is as follows:

Fly into Tel Aviv on Sat. March 15th. We were thinking of driving up to Haifa for Sat night and then driving over to the Sea of Galilee and staying Sunday. We have a business function in Tel Aviv on Monday and Tuesday with accommodation already arraigned, so that will take care of those two days. We were then planning to spend Wednesday and Thursday night in Jerusalem and then drive down to Masada and the Dead Sea and spend our last night there before heading back to Tel Aviv on Sat to catch a flight out.

I have the following questions:

1. Is there decent accommodation that anyone can recommend at those locations (with the exception of Tel Aviv) for people on a budget? I trying to find a modestly-priced and clean accommodations for 10 people in 3-5 rooms.

2. Is there an place around the Sea of Galilee that someone can recommend for sightseeing for first-timers? For the Dead Sea as well?

3. Is there a decent half-a-day tour in Jerusalem? And if so can someone recommend any info that I can look up about the quality of tour guides, if it exists?

4. What is a must to see or visit in Jerusalem? Markets, Holy Sites, Restaurants,etc?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Cheers,

Jason
Dec 1st, 2013, 09:06 AM

With 9 people it financially pays for you to hire a private guide for any siteseeing you want to participate in.
Dec 7th, 2013, 09:13 AM

Hi Jason,
If you are looking for a private guide, I found this site excellent in choosing one that will fit your needs

http://www.israelguides.org/~israelg...es_gallery.php

Caution, a private guide for N Israel can be quite expensive but there are some reasonable group tours available.

http://www.beinharimtours.com/

For N Israel on a budget, I might also choose an itinerary using this excellent site provided by the Israeli Tourism Board

http://www.goisrael.com/Tourism_Eng/...l%20Trail.aspx

Or you can even look up on the net itineraries professional guides promise, and just use one of them as a format for your trip
Dec 7th, 2013, 05:59 PM

The day trips mentioned above will run in the vicinity of $100 per person, or $900 for the group, for the day. A licensed guide who will drive you in their licensed vehicle will cost somewhere between $700-$800 for the day. ( depending upon milage) AND the guide will do EXACTLY what your small group wants to do.

As I said in my first response--for 1 or 2 people Ben Harim and that type of tour is financially better. BUT for groups of 9--no way, no how

Search this Thread