Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page >

Has anyone used Gate 1 Tours for Kenya and Tanzania.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2000, 10:08 PM
cnieser

We are hoping to go on Gate 1's 17 day Kenya - Tanzania in June 2000. Does anyone have have experience with this tour or with Gate 1 in general.

Old Feb 21st, 2000, 01:50 AM
greg

We went with them last December. We loved Kenya and Tanzania but would never go back with this company again!

Old Feb 23rd, 2000, 09:19 AM
Michele

I used Gate 1 to travel to Israel in Aug 1998. I'd never been on a tour before, so didn't know what to expect. I thought they were Ok - a bit rushed at times, but I figure you get that with any tour. <BR> <BR>If I went with a tour again, I'd give Gate 1 a second try.

Old Feb 25th, 2000, 02:14 AM
kim

Greg, putting a deposit down tomorrow for an 11 day Egypt tour w Gate 1. Had seen 4 great referrals on Frommer site, and 1 bad - til yours. What didn't you like about them? Any other advice? Feel free to reply to my email if you'd prefer to respond offline. Thanks!

Old Jun 11th, 2000, 06:44 PM
Katrina

I just read your message and was wondering if you ended up going on Gate 1. I am in the process of booking with them for the 12 day Kenya/Tanzania tour. They currently can't get me on the flight out of the US for the date that I want to go. But, they are working on an alternate airline for me. I am finding this whole process rather discouraging, as this is the 2nd tour I have tried to book. I am planning on going in September and the first tour, thru British Airway Holidays, just cancelled my reservation saying they had 7 booked and that was plenty-I would have been the 8th. Anyway, what tour company did you use? Were you pleased with them? <BR>Thanks for any info!! <BR>