Reload this Page >

Cape Town - Airport to city Transfers?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8th, 2003, 07:02 AM
DE

Does anyone have an idea of the cost of a taxi from the Airport to the Waterfront area. Staying at the Table Bay Hotel and was wondering whether it would be more convenient to get a hotel pick up or just hop into a taxi after arrival. Not sure just yet what the hotel charges. Thanks.

Old Jun 8th, 2003, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi De, When I was in Cape Town I was told for the tourist information centre to use this taxi company called Rikki Taxis at 021-423-4888. Since I stayed with people that lived there we had a car. But I would ask Table Bay if perhaps they have a shuttle bus service.
When are you going? I never did receive your e-mail some time ago. Have a great trip.
Old Jun 8th, 2003, 08:41 AM
DE

Thanks for the tip on the taxi co. Just found out that the Table Bay will charge R450 ( $56 US ) for a one way transfer from the airport.

Old Jun 8th, 2003, 10:45 AM

De, Perhaps go on google or yahoo,put the taxi companys' name along with Cape Town, SA & see if it pops up. I would proceed to perhaps get in touch with them to see what the charge would be.
Old Jun 8th, 2003, 11:14 AM

De, I did a search & this is what turned up. According to one site, it said that taxis are quite cheap & from the airport to CT costs approx. $18.
You can also e-mail: [email protected]
There's an airport bus service that operates between CT international and the city centre # 937 1200. Various shuttle services operate from Kiosks in the arrivals halls. There are also minibus taxis. As I said, the tourist info centre told me to use Rikki's.
Old Jun 8th, 2003, 01:53 PM
DE

Thanks for the additional info. Sounds like a taxi is definitely the more economical way to go, when compared to the inflated price quoted by the hotel.

Old Jun 9th, 2003, 07:26 AM

DE,

I dont think that a taxi is the best way to go when it comes to transfering from the airport to the Table Bay. Another point to mention is that the Table Bay is out of its tree with its prices so steer clear with a long barge pole.

A taxi ride back to Cape Town from the airport would cost about R180 for 2 people. This means you have to pass the gate at the airport, find a taxi, negotiate a possible price and then be taken to the Table Bay. I would rather recommend that you use an airport shuttle service where you can pre-book the shuttle. You will be met by a driver and his name board with your name on it and he will give you personalised service all the way for the sum of R160 for 2 people.

The compnay that I use regularly for this service is CA Shuttles.They are VERY RELIABLE and have only given me top class service in the past. They do not have a website however they can be contacted via email at [email protected] The person to write to is a lady by name of Tarin. CA Shuttle's telephone number is 021 511 6927

Please note that there are other shuttle companies in Cape Town that offer equivalent services to CA Shuttles, it is just that I have had lots of experience with CA Shuttles and imho they provide an excellent efficient service

Hope this all helps.

Have a wonderful time in Cape Town.

Selwyn Davidowitz
[email protected]
Very proudly part of the wonderful nation of South Africa

Old Jun 9th, 2003, 10:39 AM
DE

Selwyn,

Thank you for the recommendation to use an airport shuttle service. I just wanted the most convenient way to do this at a reasonable price. Will look into this.