gorrilas--best time

Mar 26th, 2006, 10:20 PM
Original Poster

gorrilas--best time

Hi,
Is there much difference in the weather or viewing of the gorrilas in Rwanda in June compared with Oct and which if any is the best time,
Thanks
Mooky
Mar 27th, 2006, 09:56 AM

For the sake of rain, or lack of it, I'd pick June over October, especially if it is later June. When I was there the first days of July there was not a drop of rain for about a week.

The professional photographer that did some of the treks with me was cursing the clear skies because it was not ideal conditions for pictures. He was coming in October and hoping for clouds!

Mar 27th, 2006, 10:28 AM

Atravelynn-
He should be careful what he wishes for. On my recent trip it was cloudy, overcast, and rainy almost the entire time. The two days I did the gorilla trekking were terrible for photography but beautiful if you wanted to experience the real "gorillas in the mist." I got nowhere near the amount of decent photos I got last time.
Quite frustrating knowing both the location of the gorillas and weather are out of my control. Aaargh!

Mooky-
Stay away from March! June-Sep should be decent as should December-February. From talking with the scientists over there though, they've had unpredictable weather lately so who knows.
Mar 27th, 2006, 12:29 PM

I went in late October it was damp and a little cold but otherwise OK.

I would go again that month with no problem

Search this Thread