Gorilla Trekking June '06

Jan 14th, 2006, 07:46 AM
Original Poster

Gorilla Trekking June '06

Hi Fellow Fodorites-
I am not posting this thread to solicit because we are not in the tour or travel company business. We do however, when enough interest is shown, put together (very) small groups of people wanting to see the mountain gorillas and I know many of you have expressed an interest in doing so.

I wanted to let you all know that I will be co-leading a tour this June, along with one of the scientists from the Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund, to Rwanda and Uganda.

We do have a couple of spots open so if any of you are interested in joining us, please see the info on below link or you can email me direct.

http://www.mindspring.com/%7egorilla...fgfi_tours.htm

I will also be doing the added extensions to Ngamba Island and to the Mara.

Thanks,
Sandy

Jan 14th, 2006, 04:34 PM

Had this offer been available to me before my 2004 trip to Uganda and Rwanda, I would have seriously considered it. June is a great time to go.

For anyone who travels alone this is an ideal invitation.
Jan 29th, 2006, 10:46 PM

Try and fit in a stopoff at Bujagali Falls where we live if you can. Just out of Jinja
Jan 30th, 2006, 06:38 AM

Sorry to deviate a bit, but what would be the minimum number of days if I were to go to Uganda? Also, how would the early November weather be?

Thanks.
Jan 30th, 2006, 06:47 AM

I'm deviating a bit, too - This is a great offer and in the future I may be interested in things like this. If it's OK rules-wise I think people should feel free to post when they have spots open on their trips, etc. Especially, as Lynn said, for solo travelers.
Jan 30th, 2006, 08:02 AM
Original Poster

Rocco,
The length of time in Uganda can vary depending on what you want to do. I was there for four days the last time which included the trip to Ngamba Island. But I know folks who have spent up to a week there doing different things.

Cooncat-
DFGFI (Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund International) offers small group trips similar to this on average two to three times a year.
Traveling solo, I found it ideal for me as I don't like large groups. After the trip, one thing led to another and I began my involvement with DFGFI and trying to help save the endangered gorillas.

There is another one in Sept of this year which goes to Rwanda and Botswana. It's pricey but a great trip.
I'll keep you all posted as the trips become available.
Thanks,
Sandy
Apr 1st, 2006, 07:59 AM
Original Poster

Aaack! Due to family and other conflicting issues, we just learned that three people have had to cancel their reservations for the upcoming June trek and mini safari.

Including one spot that was open, we now have four spots that need to be filled. It's a small group with a max. of ten people.

The cut off date is April 15th.

Any fellow fodorites interested in a last minute trip to Rwanda and Uganda w/ an optional trip to the Mara, of which I'm doing, of course?

We're gonna have a really great time so
if any of you guys are interested or know anyone, please spread the word and/or email me or go to below link.

http://www.mindspring.com/%7egorilla...fgfi_tours.htm

Thanks!

Search this Thread