Good Safari Location for Late Oct/Early Nov?

Sep 13th, 2005, 08:10 PM
Original Poster

Good Safari Location for Late Oct/Early Nov?

Any recommendations on good safari destinations for the last week of October, first week of November? We were planning on visiting Zambia next June, but now have an opportunity to go somewhere over Ramadan Eid. From what I've read, Zambia would be miserably hot during this period, so we were looking for another Safari location, preferably near a large river. We have previously been on the northern Tanzanian circuit, Chobe in Botswana, Victoria Falls, and a couple of locations in South Africa.

Any ideas on a fairly cool destination will be appreciated!
Sep 14th, 2005, 03:46 PM

I think SA is the only option. Botswana is very hot in October. While sabi Sand will be warm, it should not be unbearable. It may be wet, but if it is, the Impala will start lambing and their will be tons of birds.
Sep 14th, 2005, 04:00 PM

Don't know what the weather will be like, but I believe the herds are on the move from Kenya to Tanzania so you might be able to see the 'fall migration.'

Cheers,
Julian
Sep 14th, 2005, 04:10 PM

Hello,

You might want to take a look at Mark Nolting's book, Africa's Top Wildlife Countries (not sure if this is the exact title), or the Fodors African Safari -- they have information on what countries are best at particular times of year.

Cheers,
Julian
Sep 14th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Original Poster

Julian, thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, while I own the Top Wildlife Countries book, I loaned it to a friend who is currently out of country

A good deed never goes unpunished!

Search this Thread