Good Nile river cruise line?

Jul 25th, 2003, 12:43 PM
Original Poster

Good Nile river cruise line?

Help, not too much time to plan - last 2 weeks of August. Any suggestions/recommendations for a 7 day cruise approx.

Thanks, John.
Jul 25th, 2003, 02:07 PM
sandi

Are you doing a tour? Or just want the cruise? And alot depends on what you want to spend.

Also, most cruises are 4-nt/5-dys - though their is the longer 7-dy on the Nile, that some companies might run.

There are also cruises on Lake Nassar, which was instituted about 5-yrs ago that see sights most people don't get to visit.

But for the Nile cruises, I can think of three names:
Oberoi, Sonesta and Movenpick.
They are all foreign companies, but probably have websites or 800 reservation numbers (even in Canada), though you might get a better deal going through a tour operator in Canada or even in Egypt.

Check for websites and see what they offer and prices. But do realize these are on the higher budget range.
Oberoi has 3 boats, the Philae being the top of the line. Sonesta has 2 boats, both, if I recall, comparable. And Movenpick, I believe has 1 boat.
This is the best I remember, but things might have changed - new boats in their fleet?

Considering that it is August and it will be hot, and tourism is down - you might be able to get a good deal.

Let us know what you find and if you have any questions?

Search this Thread