Good Hotel in Istanbul, Turkey near Blue Mosque

May 9th, 2000, 08:52 AM
Sue

Good Hotel in Istanbul, Turkey near Blue Mosque

My parents will be in Istanbul for 4 nights in mid-Sept. They would like a recommendation for a clean, mid-range hotel near the Blue Mosque area. Any good restaurant recommendations or other tidbits for this area would be greatly appreciated and sites NOT to miss. Thank you.

May 15th, 2000, 06:25 AM
mike

We've stayed at these two, which were popular with the American government and military folks living in Turkey. Kybele Hotel, Yerebatan Cad No. 35, Sultanahment. Tel: 90-212-511-7766 ot 7767. Fax: 90-212-513-4393. Celal Sultan Hotel, on a side street off Yerebatan Cad (Salkimsogout Sokak No. 16). Tel: 90-212-520-9323 04 9324. Fax: 90-212-522-9724. Another, slightly nicer and somewhat higher priced in same general area: Hotel Valide Sultan Konagi, Kutlugun Sok No. 1. Tel: 90-212-517-6558. Fax: 90-212-638-1460. The Valide Sultan has a lovely rooftop restuarant. the first two are just across the street from Hagia sophia near the underground cistern (yerebatansaray). The Valide sultan is on the other side of Hag. Soph. Good luck.

May 18th, 2000, 05:31 PM
Sue

Thanks Mike....they were thrilled that you also included the phone numbers!

Aug 5th, 2000, 03:14 PM
Ferit19

Hello there,
Here is our new web site
www.istanbulshotels.com
Ferit

Welcome to our selection of the most charming hotels in the center of
Istanbul. Envied locations, calm and cosy atmospheres, elegance, we offer
you the best in quality and service.

Sep 3rd, 2000, 12:35 PM
tigger

Thank you also Mike and Ferit! I am going in October and just logged in to see what advice I could pick up. Nice that there are people who take the time to help others. Have a wonderful day!

Jan 6th, 2001, 11:53 AM
Dick

Hi
Last week we have been there
Dick
http://www.istanbulshotels.com/spalace.htm

Jan 12th, 2001, 12:04 PM
phyllis

I stayed at Ayasofya Pansionlari, near the Blue Mosque and Topkapi Palace. It's a bed and breakfast which has rooms in about 8 houses on a pedestrian walkway. It's old and not particularly fancy, but I liked it and thought the location was good. There's a restaurant right down the walkway that's in a former cistern. It was lit by candlelight and it was gorgeous. They also have a restaurant at the hotel, which has tables in the outdoor garden. I had a lovely lunch there one day.

Search this Thread