GomoGomo?

Apr 28th, 2005, 06:46 PM
Original Poster

GomoGomo?

Has anyone been there? They have a special in July and I am considering either this or some places in the Eastern Cape that are child friendly.
Thanks.
May 1st, 2005, 03:23 PM

I organised a family gathering in July 2003 at Gomo Gomo for 16 of us aged 7 to 79. It was terrific and I have no trouble recommending Gomo Gomo. It is very child friendly - for example, they took the young chuldren out for a safe walk around camp while the adults did a more serious walk and organised a land rover for the kids to have to themsleves on game drives.

On our first morning game drive we had seen 4 of the big 5 before we saw 4 antelope species. Superb lepoard sightings and plenty of elephants who frequent the mopani forests surrounding the camp. Consider also combining Gomo Gomo with Umlani which is a superb bush camp quite near to Gomo but with different vegatation and animal mix (we had wonderful lion sightings at Umlani, including two prides while walking and a buffalo kill duirng the night opposite the camp).

I did a report on bith camps plus the Sabi Sand and Kruger which we visited before the Timbavati, and would be happy to email them to you.

July is very cold in the morning and evening when on game drives. Although both camps give you blankets on game drives, make sure to take very warm sweaters, gloves and woolen hats.
May 1st, 2005, 04:21 PM
Original Poster

Hi Norman,
If you could email them to me that would be terrific. [email protected]
Really looking forward to visiting gomo Gomo.

Search this Thread