Gomo Gomo, Nkorho, or Tshukudu Game Lodge?

May 26th, 2004, 09:14 AM
Original Poster

Gomo Gomo, Nkorho, or Tshukudu Game Lodge?

I think I have narrowed it down to these three in terms of price and good things I've read here on the boards and elsewhere:

1)Tshukudu Game Lodge (Game, not Bush- the one with the orphaned animals)R1150pppn
2)Gomo Gomo R970pppn
3)Nkorho R980pppn

We will probably be driving from Johannesburg. Time frame is two nights in mid-October. Occasion is honeymoon!

Thoughts please, o wise fodorites!
anne
May 31st, 2004, 03:59 PM

I don't know the other 2, but Nkorho is wonderful. The people are great, the rangers and trackers are the best in the area, and the game viewing is just astounding. Plus the accomodations are beautiful and the food excellent. There is no air conditioning but we were there when it was hot and it wasnt a problem.
Jun 3rd, 2004, 11:30 AM

We were at Gomo Gomo last month and while it was overall very nice, there were a couple of things we weren't fond of. The accomodations are very nice except we had issues with the toilet not re-filling fast enough. The people were very nice and the food was alright. It is on a river so we were able to sit out on their very comfortable viewing deck to watch the hippos.
We should have followed the advice of some of the other Fodorites who said if you don't like your ranger ask to be switched. We realized towards the end of our stay that we weren't enjoying ourselves as much as we had hoped because of the ranger. He was crashing the landrover through the bush at a furious rate, causing untold damage to the environment while a number of times we were all thrown around our seats violently. He also did not spend alot of time speaking with any of us. So I think my impression may be a touch tainted by this experience.
We stayed at a second reserve called Notten's Bush Camp. That was a terrific experience and not expensive at this time of year. The accomodations were meticulous, elegant and very comfortable. The staff was gracious and the food superb. We will definitly be returning there. It seems they have a large number of return guests. It is also very small, maximum of 10 - 12 guests, so it is very intimate and personal. Game veiwing was also excellent (better than Gomo Gomo) and the ranger was knowledgable and friendly. It is situated in Sabi Sands.

Search this Thread