Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page > Going to Kenya - suggestions for a good safari company

Going to Kenya - suggestions for a good safari company

Jul 11th, 2001, 07:47 AM
Lori

Going to Kenya - suggestions for a good safari company

Hi everyone, we are going to Kenya for a safari next month (August) and have narrowed it down to Somak Safari company and Micato. The Somak tour is 11 days and the Micato tour is 12 days. Micato is going more places and flies to all of the sites, but I am wondering if it is really that important to fly everywhere and if it is worth the extra money they are charging. Has anyone ever used either of these companies before? What did you think? The difference between the two companies tour prices is about $2000.00. Is it worth it to be able to fly to all of the sites? Is the lodging any good? Also, it seems more cost efficient to purchase your own airline ticket rather than go with the tour's air travel arrangements. Is this what most of you have done? How did that work out for you? Any advice or comments would greatly be appreciated. Thanks so much.

Jul 11th, 2001, 01:37 PM
nana

Lori do the text search on this forum. Those who went to Kenya on safari talked about flying vs not flying many times.

Jul 11th, 2001, 03:20 PM
Lori

Thanks nana for the good advice. I have done a text search, but many of the results were from several years back. I am interested in comments from people who have recently gone on safari. Also, I was asking more specific information about Somak safaris and and Micato safaris and wanted recent information on these companies too. Things can change drastically over the period of a few years.

Search this Thread