Search

Do we go or Not?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18th, 2000, 09:08 AM
Fran

Do we go or Not?

We are not rookie travellers; we have been all throughout europe. We want to go to Istanbul, but cannot find reliable information. Do we go or not? Anyone who has been there, give me your impressions

Old Jul 18th, 2000, 09:12 AM
shannon

Although I have not been there myself, I know a couple people who have been to Turkey and loved it. They have not ever expressed negative experiences while there.

Old Jul 18th, 2000, 09:15 AM
Shannon

Was your friend's trip recent? What time of the year./ (I am concerned about Ramadaan in December)

Old Jul 20th, 2000, 04:39 AM
Lori

We went and enjoyed ourselves. Take a look at the European forum for more comments/details.

Old Jul 20th, 2000, 04:16 PM
M&J

Fran---I think we responded to an email from you? <BR>We loved Istanbul. <BR>The ancient mosques, the Hogia Sophia, Bosphorus River at dusk, palaces, the Grand Bizaar, Spice Market, lots of incredible traffic bumper to bumper, friendly people who love their county, <BR>holding millions of lira in hand makes you think you are a junior Bill Gates. <BR>Standing in the Hippodrome, thinking you are hearing the cheering Roman crowds cheering their favorite chariot racer, sipping hot apple tea while listening to dripping water at the Basilica Cistern, getting lost on winding streets with no names......go, enjoy.

Old Jul 21st, 2000, 08:07 PM
Al

My wife and I have traveled widely in Turkey, from north to south, from east to west, on our own and on tours. By all means, GO. Turkey is filled with interesting sights, hospitable people, and some of the best food on earth. If you have specific questions, please feel free to e-mail us directly. It's no place like home.