Globus Tours to Europe

Aug 11th, 2000, 09:45 AM
Jackie

Globus Tours to Europe

Has anyone ever taken the Globus Tour-Europe in Depth? If so, how was it? How were the meals and hotels?We plan to go in mid September.

Aug 16th, 2000, 12:46 PM
cash

Jackie,
Since no one answered your post maybe I can help.
I haven't taken that particular Globus Tour, but have taken a couple of others.
Globus is a good first class operator, been around for many years, I wouldn't hesitate to take any of their tours. Our hotels were good first class hotels, most were centrally located to walk around and enjoy the area. The meals that were provided were good; however, were geared to feeding groups of people and their various dietary needs (ie nothing adventurous or spicy or out of the ordinary) This is a necessity when feeding 25 or 30 people of varying likes. Breakfast in Europe most of the time consists of hard rolls, cheese, meat, fruit, yogurt, etc.
A group tour like this is a great way to see lots of sights efficiently and easily. Sometimes it can be tiring, but you are not going for a rest, right? Plenty of time for that later. Sept is beautiful and you will have lots of company.
Enjoy!!

Aug 19th, 2000, 02:28 PM
geri

Like the previous answer, I haven't taken that particular tour, but I have been on several Globus European tours and overall they do a fine job. Good hotels, food suited for large groups; and always cover a lot of territory--much more than you could ever do on your own. The only negative, like so many other tour companies, is the size of the group, normally around 40, which means lost time loading and unloading the bus, etc. Overall, should the right tour appear, I'd happily travel with Globus again.

Have a great time!

Aug 20th, 2000, 06:17 AM
Charlie

I agree with everything above,I took the Taste of Europe tour last year and was more than satisfied.Special praise to the tour guide Paul Felix,a veteran guide of 20 years.It was obvious how much Paul loved his job and his knowledge and personsality made the trip even more special.I know that you'll enjoy the trip and if you're lucky enough to have Paul as your guide you've an extra bonus.

Search this Thread