Globus tour feedback

May 20th, 2001, 10:56 AM
ken

Globus tour feedback

We are considering the Globus tour to Egypt (12 days). Has anyone taken this tour? If so, what was the experience like? Any feedback would be appreciated.

May 20th, 2001, 01:40 PM
Louise

Ken - if you type in "Globus" in the text search box there are a few responses with information that may help you.

May 20th, 2001, 04:35 PM
Jackie

Ken,
We have gone on 2 Globus tours to European countries and they were great. We our going to go with them to Egypt and the Red Sea in Sept. If you do use Globus for your Egyptian tour I would appreciate hearing about your tour both good and bad.

May 20th, 2001, 07:49 PM
Shane

I took this trip in March. Everything went flawlessly. It's an excellent value and paced just right, and the tour director was wonderful. I hope you have similar good luck.

May 21st, 2001, 03:01 AM
gail

We took Globus 10 day tour to Egypt in April. There is nothing bad I can think of to say about it - guide was wonderful (but they are all freelancers and work for several tour companies and are registered by government - so no guarantee there). Hotels were great. Everything went flawlessly in a country where this is not always the case. Bus was always where it was supposed to be, schedule was reasonable. Any specific questions, email me or ask here.

May 21st, 2001, 03:28 AM
Dick

Ken, we took Israel/Egypt Globus tour last June. Was great. Our Egyptian guide Nagla was also great. I would not hesitate to do Globus again. If you have specifics by all means send me an e-mail. Have a nice trip.

May 21st, 2001, 04:13 PM
Anita

Gail,

Which Globus trip did you take? The 10 or 13 day tour? How were hotels and the ship. I am looking at a few different tour companies and would be interested in your first-hand experience.

Thanks so much.

Jun 6th, 2001, 04:38 PM
Karen

Ken and Anita, We took the 12 day Globus tour of Egypt in April, 2000 and it was great! They delivered everything as promised, and more. The guides were VERY knowledgeable and all ran on schedule. Hotels and ship were wonderful. Please e-mail me if you have specific questions. Be glad to help.
Karen

Aug 20th, 2001, 11:41 AM
Lisa

Hi Karen, How many people were in your Globus tour group to Egypt? I am planning on traveling to Egypt in 2002 but prefer a smaller group. Thanks!

Aug 23rd, 2001, 04:39 AM
Karen

Since it was on the edge of season (April), there were only 22 on the tour. I think it can accommodate about 30.

You might also check Overseas Adventure Travel, as they advertise a maximum of 16. Haven't used them, but have heard great recommendations. Although, Globus was terrific.

Search this Thread