Globus? Insight? A&K Tours for best tour in EGYPT?

Jul 21st, 2000, 02:00 PM
shannon

Globus? Insight? A&K Tours for best tour in EGYPT?

What tour group did you use to visit Egypt? We're looking at going in Septmeber but don't know which tour operator to go with. Who would you suggest? We would like to have a bit of free time, or alternatives so we can make choices during the trip if we feel "cramped" by the tour style. Otherwise, I imagine they all cover the sites the same. Do anyone have glowing recommendations of a tour?

Jul 21st, 2000, 03:51 PM
Louise

Shannon - after studying I think every companies' brochures I could get, we selected Maupintour. It was a toss up between Maupintour and OAT but we selected the former because we liked their itinerary and also because we have done two tours with them previously. Also liked the idea of having a balcony cabin for 6 nights on the Nile cruise and staying at the Mena House for a couple of examples. You can find them both on the internet. A&K has a good reputation but is very expensive.

Aug 1st, 2000, 08:50 PM
Susan

I would recommend Gate 1 Tours (deluxe version). It has very small tours (no more than 20 but our tour only had 8 people). The tour also goes to the Mena House where we had a pyramid view room and then to the Old Cataract.

Search this Thread