Globus?

Feb 9th, 2004, 11:19 AM
Original Poster

Globus?

We had intended to book the Trafalgar's (we like Trafalgar) 9 days Egypt tour, including Nile cruise, for October 2003. But now find the timing of a very similar Globus tour will suit our timetable better. I'm soliciting comments on Trafalgar v Globus.
Thanks
Feb 9th, 2004, 06:01 PM

Charma, we used Globus on a 2000 Israel/Egypt trip. Our family was very pleased on what we experienced, ate, etc. Unless you can find someone who used both companies it may be difficult to compare the two that way. I suggest you get the brochures for both, check out programs offered and where you can compare "apples to apples" (days in country, accommodations, number of meals, features that are standard with one and optional (extra with other), etc. From what I recall Trafalgar was a bit more expensive than Globus but I forget the particulars that may have caused some of the difference. Several companies we considered had exactly the same itin. as many use the same incountry subcontractors. In any case, enjoy the planning. Be sure to do searches on this board as lots of comments have been expressed regarding these companies. Egypt is a great country and one we would like to revisit. Dick
Feb 10th, 2004, 01:26 AM

I've just received my documents for my travel to Egypt on March, 2004. I've checked various tour operators including Trafalgar and Globus. There were more similitudes than differences after comparing hotels, meals and optional excursions prices. In my opinion, the Globus itinerary was better (ended the tour on a high note, leaving Karnak temple for the last, before flying back to Cairo). Also helped in my decision my previous experience with this company in many countries(always outstanding). Either way you won't be disappointed with none of these companies. I know people who were very happy with their Trafalgar tours experiences.
Feb 10th, 2004, 03:33 AM

We used Globus 10-day Egypt April 2001 - no complaints. After you compare all specifics listed above, the rest is largely a factor of how good is your tour guide. We were told all must be registered with Egyptian tourism people and are independent contractors - working possibly for several companies and/or private parties. So if someone had a great guide (as we did) with one company, no guarantee you will get same. That said, with tourism still down in Egypt, I would guess quality of guides owuld be relatively high.

As I have mentioned to others who have posted similar question - likely impossible to find anyone who could rate 2 tours side-by-side since I doubt many have actually taken both tours.

Search this Thread