Just returned from Egypt

Old Nov 13th, 2000, 07:41 AM
Sarah

Just returned from Egypt

I've just returned from a 2 week trip to Egypt. If anyone would like to ask questions I'd be happy to answer all. E mail me direct. <BR> <BR>Thanks, <BR>Sarah

Old Nov 13th, 2000, 12:18 PM
bly

Sarah: <BR> <BR>Where in Egypt did you travel and how safe did you feel? We're currently booked for Egypt, Israel and Jordan, but are definitely canceling the Israel and Jordan portion and possibly the whole tour. Thanks for your insight.

Old Nov 13th, 2000, 02:36 PM
Sarah

I booked the trip with Insight vacations so everything was all arranged for us. We stayed at the Semiramus Intercontinental hotel in Cairo the 1st night we arrived. We joined the rest of the tour group the following morning and flew to Luxor where we boarded our cruise boat. We had a 7 night cruise from Luxor to Aswan and back. Then we returned to the same hotel in Cairo for the last 3 nights. I felt very safe. When we got off the plane in Cairo there were armed guards posted all over as well as many check points through the airport that you had to pass through in before leaving the airport. I felt that every precaution was being taken to ensure safety. As you drive through the streets you also see the strong police presence. There is an officer every few blocks as well as tourist police at all of the attractions that you visit. I could go on more, send me an e mail at either address if you'd like some more info. I hope this has helped. <BR> <BR>Thanks, <BR>Sarah

Old Nov 13th, 2000, 04:01 PM
Joey

Sarah, do you feel it was crowded when you visited the tourist sights, how was the weather and do you recommend Insight tours? Thank you.

Old Nov 14th, 2000, 12:43 PM
Prue

Sarah, I, too, would be interested in how you found Insight Tours, as we are booked with them for later next year. <BR>Also was the hotel satisfactory and easy to come and go from?? <BR>I am glad your trip was a success despite the upheavals.

Old Nov 15th, 2000, 06:42 AM
Carrie

Joey, just got back from Egypt two days ago. It was very crowded at tourist attractions, our guide fought with other guides twice to get us to the exhibits at Egyptian Museum in Cairo, and several times at Valley of the Kings, Philae and Edfu. And There was a long line to get inside the pyramids too. <BR> <BR>The weather was between 25 to 27 degrees during the day. It's cooler at night, you might need a jacket or jumper . <BR> <BR>It was a life time experience to see all the ancient monuments. Enjoy your trip.

Old Nov 15th, 2000, 11:04 AM
Sarah

I do recommend Insight tours. Our guide was great! Some of the sights were a bit crowded. The Egyptian museum was the worst that I experienced. We were there on a Tuesday and there were tons of people. I didn't feel that way at any of the temples or the pyramids. At times there are a lot of groups in one place and I had a little difficulty hearing our guide over another close by. Our guide did say that we seemed to luck out because there weren't as many people as normal. The hotel was great also. No problems getting in and our at all. <BR> <BR>Sarah