Gate 1 or Isram

Feb 10th, 2000, 07:11 AM
Merry

Gate 1 or Isram

Would anyone have any advice about Gate 1 Tours? I am comparing their tour prices with Isram and Gate 1 is half the price. Any advice on the quality of their tours would be much appreciated.

Feb 10th, 2000, 10:12 AM
Caroline

my family and i took a 9-day gate 1 tour of israel last april and very much enjoyed it. the 2 tour guides we encountered were very knowledgeable and well spoken. i would, however, lock in your hotel choices prior to arrival, as some in our group had their hotels downgraded. overall, our experience was a good one. i would use them again.

Feb 10th, 2000, 01:59 PM
Michele

I used Gate 1 when I went to Israel in Aug 1998, and I would use them again. The tour guide and driver were GREAT - knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. They knew all the great spots to eat and see outside of the tour.

Didn't have any problems with the hotels on our trip - I think everyone got what they wanted/paid for. Our travel agent did state that Gate 1 would discount our price if we paid a little earlier, which we did and managed to come in well under-budget.

We went on the 10 day tour. Only thing I had a little problem with was we didn't have hardly any time at Yad Vashem or the Israel Museum, but the tour guides are willing to work with the group so I would press for more time in these places. (if they interest you) However, the tour guide did make it up to us by spending extra time in Tiberias, and had Gate 1 pay for our lunch in Safed, so he done good, IMO.

I had never travelled with a tour group so was a little hesitant, but I enjoyed myself very much.

Feb 12th, 2000, 07:04 PM

Merry, We have not used Gate I, but we toured with Isram and were very satisfied with them. We think Isram provided good value for what we paid...Deluxe hotels, good food.
Someone on the Frommers site is not happy with Gate I. You might look up her message and read it. Happy Traveling!

Search this Thread