Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page > GameTrailsBotswana -- No way to contact or get a quote?

GameTrailsBotswana -- No way to contact or get a quote?

Dec 19th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Original Poster

GameTrailsBotswana -- No way to contact or get a quote?

I searched high and low on their site and the only way to contact them is thru their designated agencies.

I emailed about specific itineraries to two separate agencies. I sent one in Nov and one in Nov. One agency is U.S. based and one is S.A. based. Neither ever replied

HOW are you supposed to get information? The main problem is that the GameTrails site doesn't have dates listed for 2006.

Any ideas?
Dec 19th, 2005, 11:20 AM

I liased through their US office for my trip last year with Game Trails.
I suggest you drop Kartagener Associates Inc a note. From my dealings with them, they are responsive and will assist you as they did me.
Dec 19th, 2005, 11:40 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestion. Surprisingly, they aren't listed on the list of contacts on the gametrails website.
Dec 19th, 2005, 11:49 AM
Original Poster

More surprisingly....

They said they are only a marketing company and to contact GameTrails DIRECTLY....which, of course, is not possible
Dec 19th, 2005, 05:23 PM

I can't help you track down Gametrails but if I were going to do another mobile camping safari in Botswana I would check out http://www.masson-safaris.com/. The guide that we had with Gametrails, Nick Langton, also works for this safari company which is owned by his daughter and her husband. He only mentioned his daughter's company once and never told us the name, even though we asked him. We thought maybe because he was working for Gametrails he didn't want to mention the other company? We were able to find out their company name from someone else.

Nick sent me an email the other day and said "Am on Safari over Xmas , but it has rained already and things are lovely and green, but still " Bloody Hot "." What a great guy he is. If you use Gametrails or Masson, ask for Nick as your guide and tell him the photographers from October recommended him. (He'll remember us - we drove him crazy and tipped him well.)

Search this Thread