Fun for the whole family!!!

May 10th, 2004, 10:44 AM
Original Poster

Fun for the whole family!!!

Although I am strongly considering Singita Lebombo and Mala Mala as part of my itinerary for next year, in all honesty, three consecutive years of Africa does tend to leave ones pocketbook a little bit sore and aching!

So, as one possible alternate (out of dozens!), I have designed the following itinerary that would allow a revisit to a couple favorite places spent on my honeymoon.
This would be for late May - mid June.

The highlight of a terrific honeymoon was a fabulous day spent in Mykonos spent riding scooters and just messing around all day, a much needed break from the much older crowd on our Meditteranean cruise. So, I thought it would be nice to revisit Mykonos for my 5th anniversary. Doing so leaves with an itinerary as follows:

LAX - London - Athens? - Mykonos
Mykonos (2) - Best possible accomodations
Santorini (2) - Best possible accomodations
Valleta (2) - Best possible accomodations
Valleta - London - Lusaka (overnight flight)
South Luangwa National Park, Zambia (6) - half at Tena Tena, half at Chichele Presidential Lodge
Lower Zambezi National Park, Zambia (6) - half at Chiawa, half at Sausage Tree Camp
Lusaka, Zambia (1) - Intercontinental Hotel
Morning flight from Lusaka - London. Evening arrival.
London (2) - Due to evening arrival on first night, I want nice accomodations, but nothing more than about $300 USD per night.
London - LAX

If anybody is familiar with Mykonos, Santorini, Valleta and London, I could use some recommendations.

Otherwise, how does it look? Even with the very best accomodations in Greece and Malta, this package would be about $8,000 USD less than if I went to Singita and Mala Mala. I do think I could book this whole package for $12,000 USD, as long as I used frequent flier miles for seats between London - Lusaka. If I were able to get frequent flier seats beginning in Los Angeles, I could knock off another $1,250 USD, to get this entire package for $10,750.
May 10th, 2004, 11:32 AM

The best hotel in Valleta is The Merdien, which is right outside the city gate. We stayed at the British Hotel inside the city center because we wanted to stay in a more historic hotel, but after checking the Meridien, I think we would have been better there. Valleta is a great place to wander for a few days.

I haven't been to Greece since 1998, and at that time we stayed at the Belveder in Mykonos (at least that's what I think it was called). Nice location just on the fringe of the city and you could walk anywhere.

I've been to London at least 20 times and have stayed at Claridges (my favorite), Connaught, St. Martin's Lane, St. James, Mandarin Oriental, and lots of others. What are you looking for?

Search this Thread