FROM VICTORIA FALLS TO HARARE

Feb 29th, 2000, 05:12 AM
KURT

FROM VICTORIA FALLS TO HARARE

I WILL TAKE A TOUR FROM CAPE TOWN TO VICORIA FALLS, ZIMBABWE. IN ORDER TO TAKE THE PLANE IN HARARE, I NEED TO TRAVEL FROM VICTORIA FALLS TO THE CAPITAL OF ZIMBABWE. CAN ANYONE TELL ME ABOUT THE TRANSPORT. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE. TIMETABLE. BUSSERVICE? TRAIN?
THANKS

Feb 29th, 2000, 02:10 PM
susan

If you want to spend the money, you can fly from Vic Falls to Harare.

Also, the train is a good option if you have time. All trains in Zimbabwe are overnight. To get to Harare, you would have to take the overnight train to Bulawayo (which is fun city) and then the overnight train from Bulawayo to Harare. So two nights. But the trains are comfortable, reliable and cheap.

I don't know specifically, but there are probably tourist style bus companies that run between the Vic Falls and Harare. Get the Lonely Planet guide and then call to confirm times listed in there. If you are on a strict schedule, it is essential that you find out ahead of time when buses run. You may find that the bus from Victoria Falls to Harare only runs on Tuesdays or something like that.

If all else fails, you can always get there by taking local African buses, which run continually, but are slow and crowded.

Search this Thread