Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page >

What to do in Sharm El Sheik and do you know Partner Hotels?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31st, 2000, 02:00 AM
Javier

I am going with my family end October to Sharm El Sheik, What to do there?, is a relax place?, good beach? cultural? good places for dinner? , safe?. <BR> <BR>Also please some one give me advice how the Hotels we have two choices: "Partner Aida Hotel" and "Hotel Partner turquoise" are. And if known which one do you think is in better shape??. <BR> <BR>Thank you very much in advance. <BR> <BR>Javier

Old Sep 8th, 2000, 11:49 AM
xxx

In Sharm, you dive, dive, dive. Even if you don't dive, go out on a snorkeling cruise. There really isn't much of a "beach" in Sharm and we saw tourists struggling to snorkel off of the shore. Its much better to go off of a boat. <BR> <BR>As for hotels, the Sanafir was terrific.

Old Sep 8th, 2000, 11:51 AM
xxx

Hi. Forgot to mention restaurants. There are a ton of fantastic places to eat! A boardwalk along the ocean has every kind of food you could want. I can't remember any names, but you won't have any trouble finding good places as most are outside and you can check out menus before committing to one. ITs safe too - lots of families and groups. Have fun!

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 12:34 PM
Renea

We stayed at the Holiday Inn when we were there. We got a great deal and were spoiled rotten as the hotel is like a postcard. Sharm El Sheik is built around its water activities. Diving, snorkling, etc. The atmosphere is very laid back and you can't help but relax. The first day we snorkled in front of our hotel and saw some nice reefs and my first aligator fish (harmless). <BR> <BR>If you are not into water sports, you can arrange a trip to St. Catherine's in the Mt. Sinai area. <BR> <BR>Walking along the beach you will pass restaurant row. We tried several of them and never had a bad meal. Enjoy!

Old Mar 7th, 2001, 05:49 AM
Andy

My wife and I went to Sharm for 1 week after a classical Egypt tour and the contrast was great. Sharm is a tourist resort very popular with Italians so lots of Italian restaurants and at the time that we were there in November, a lot of Russians. A good choice of eating places and you must try the Sharm Panorama, an open air drinks place built up the side of a cliff almost, with good views over the whole bay.The beach is fine and there is good snorkelling right off the beach. <BR>Plenty of water activity and we did the sunset trip into the desert on quad bikes which was the highlight. Can't advise on the hotels you mentioned as we stayed at the Marriott which was a very good hotel. Enjoy Sharm.