Search

Friendlly Planet Tour

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 10:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Friendlly Planet Tour

Have any of you traveled with them before? I have never been to Africa and know nothing about their reputation,reliability,etc. Thanks for any information you can give me.
Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 09:12 PM

We are having dinner this Saturday night with friends that recently returned from the Friendly Planet trip to Kenya. They have traveled with them before and have been happy. I will post the information after we see them as I am alos considering them. the only thing I do know from my research is that they uses lodges rather than tented camps. I guess it all depends on what kind of experience you are looking for. Their trip price is definitely more reasonable than staying at the small permanent tented camps.
Old Apr 6th, 2006, 06:06 AM

Would like to hear about the Friendly Planet Tour to Kenya- Booked to leave next month. Thank you
Old Apr 9th, 2006, 10:27 PM

We had dinner last week with friends that did this trip with them in January. These were their issues.
1. There were a few very long drives they were not told about
2. On one of the long drives there was not enough room for luggage in another van or something so they had to keep the luggage under their feet for the entire trip. A real problem
3. The lodging was OK and the food was OK. They had a fairly large group, larger than anticipated.
4. I think these were the major complaints. They had traveled with them before and are doing another trip coming up so I guess it must have been OK except for that.
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 05:50 AM

I and 3 friends took the Kenya tour with Friendly Planet and had a fabulous time. All the arrangements were top notch. Our guide through the parks was extremely knowledgeable and personable. The lodges we stayed in were excellent. We joked seeing the Abercrombie and Kent vehicles at our lodges knowing their customers paid far more for their trip than we did. Our tour took place during the post election turmoil in Kenya. Our group was well taken care of and at no time was our safety in question. As far as tented lodges go, I see no real benefit. Unless you are on a real high end private safari where you may be in the bush, tented lodges do not get you any closer to the animals than lodges .