Four Corners...

May 4th, 2004, 01:33 PM
Original Poster

Four Corners...

Here is a great website with fantastic information about the Four Corners (South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia and Botswana, taken largely from Mark Nolting's, Africa's Top Wildlife Countries, 6th edition.

http://www.awf.org/safari/travelfourcorners.php
May 4th, 2004, 02:03 PM

Great site,thanks Roccco!

Interesting to see KNP has more leopards compared to Zambia's total poulation of elephants according to a recent aerial survey,and that after a 137% increase from the estimated figure of 600 elephants made in 2002!

Wow!the poachers were busy!Glad to see it's at an end.

No I know why there's no rhino left.

I wonder what's the lion,leopard and buffalo counts?
May 4th, 2004, 05:46 PM

Sorry,that's incorrect.

I see the count was only done in the Zambezi Heartland and not the whole of Zambia!
May 4th, 2004, 06:57 PM
Original Poster

Safarinut,

For a second there I was switching my whole itinerary to Zimbabwe after reading your figures!

Zambia does not feature as many elephants as Zimbabwe or Botswana for sure, but it does have its fair share. One of the good things about not having TOO MANY elephants is that the trees are in good shape instead of half of them being dead and busted in half.

What Zambia lacks in elephants, it makes up for in antelope, zebra, giraffe and other game, including a very population of leopards.

Anyway, the website that I linked to is really a great website and features a lot of good information about a variety of places. It is more "just the facts" than many sites that try to hard to market a particular destination.

Search this Thread