For jen79

Jul 9th, 2004, 12:20 AM
Original Poster

For jen79

Hi

If I am completely off in my interpretation then my apologies up front, if not ...
I get the impression from your posts that you have a particular interest in flora. Just to throw a spoke in the works of your plans, the timing of your visit will be right for a trip to the Namaqualand to see the daisies. If your interests are in this field (pardon the pun!) this is a must see.
As I said, if I'm wrong my apologies, but I thought I had to mention it in case I was right!
traci
Jul 9th, 2004, 02:07 AM

WOW!. Traci that sure is a BIG BIG point that I forgot about. Well remembered and great that you brought it up on the forum board.

Jen97 take note of Traci's pointer as the Namaqua daisies are a sight to behold from September to the end October.

Another point is that unlike the rest of the Western Cape region where you more than likely will be able to walk into any town in the Winter months and find accommodation, meals and all services without booking upfront this will not be the case in the daisy blooming areas.

If you want my opinion as to whether I would go on the Garden Route or the "daisy trail" I would choose the Garden Route (the flowers can also be fickle and dont always come out as per mans wishes ) however if one has the slightest interest in flowers I would forego the GR for the wonders of the huge flowing, neverending patches of little flowers and all else that is wonderfully botanical on the rolling country lands of the Northern Cape region.

Hope this helps.

Very proudly part of the wonderful nation of South Africa

Jul 9th, 2004, 05:46 AM

Again, many thanks for all the suggestions.
While the flowering fields interest me, my husband would probably never entertain the idea of giving up game drives.

I'm assuming this is much too great of a distance for a day trip?

Search this Thread