Food Tours in Jerusalem?

Aug 4th, 2012, 12:02 AM
Original Poster

Food Tours in Jerusalem?

Inspired by David Leibowitz's recent blogs about the places visited on a food tour of Israel (organised by Kinetis for influential food bloggers,) I wonder if there are any similar tours I could join. The range of foods produced looked absolutely fantastic and I would like advice and guiding as I have never been to that part of the world.
Aug 4th, 2012, 02:43 PM

I think that Israeli food has always had an amazing range of flavors and was generally of good quality. It used to be more simple, but the quality and foodie-ness had increased dramatically over the last 10 years or so. I do my own food runs based on best ice cream, best salads etc. Time Out Tel Aviv magazine often has lists by category

I also started hearing a lot about tours based in Machane Yehuda, the main food market in Jerusalem. I've never taken these tours, but are these what you had in mind?
http://www.machne.co.il/en/
http://blogs.forward.com/the-jew-and...the-holy-land/
Aug 4th, 2012, 11:40 PM
Original Poster

Yes, Alexa, that is what I had in mind. I was hoping someone here might have taken similar tours. I didn't know about Time Out Tel Aviv, thank you for the tip.
Aug 7th, 2012, 04:10 PM
wj1

Hi. When we were in Israel we took a private tour with Abbie Rosner. It was wonderful and we definitely got off the beaten track.

Here is her website if you are interested: www.galileecuisine.co.il

Have fun and eat well!

Search this Thread