Flying into Livingstone

May 7th, 2005, 05:30 AM
Original Poster

Flying into Livingstone

My Fiance' and I are getting ready for our Safari adventure a month from today (June 5). We are looking through our pre-departure kit and had a quick question about Visa. We are sending this to our tour operator as well but I thought I would pose this question here for general information as well.

We are flying into Livingstone, Zambia but being immediately transferred to Zimbabwe (Ilala Lodge) where we will be spending two nights. I know we will get our Zimbabwe Visa at the border for $30 each, but do we need a Zambia Visa?

Thanks, I'm sure this is the first of many questions over the next 4 weeks.

Regards,
Piperpilot
May 7th, 2005, 06:34 AM

Since you are flying into and likely out of Livingstone, you will also need a Zambian visa. Usually a Zambian visa is free for those staying at a hotel/lodge/camp and is arranged by the hotel/lodge/camp.

However, for those individuals not staying at a hotel/lodge/camp there is a fee for the visa. I believe the current fee is $30 USD per person for a multiple entry visa, or $30 for one person and then only $10 for a husband/wife/child. Since you are arriving in Zambia, going into Zimbabwe, and then returning into Zambia, you would need a multiple entry visa.

Search this Thread