Reload this Page >

places to stay in Cape Town??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3rd, 2000, 07:26 AM
Jamie

my husband and I are heading to Cape Town for about a week in July and would love a great place to stay!!

Old Apr 3rd, 2000, 05:21 PM
jane

What kind of place? On the ocean, near the shopping area, quiet, very proper?????? Will you have a car?

Old Apr 3rd, 2000, 10:26 PM
Anna

Try www.portfoliocollection.co.za - they have lots of properties from B&Bs to 5 star hotels. <BR> <BR>

Old Apr 4th, 2000, 03:30 AM
Jane

the above post is good but there are many other hotels to choose from eg in the waterfront or the old established Mount Nelson.

Old Apr 5th, 2000, 11:40 AM
sabrina

If you are looking for an inexpensive hotel in a good location, consider the Holiday Inn Greenmarket Square. I stayed there last June and I loved it. I had a room (Rm. 217) that was so big it was like the equivalent of a suite and I think it came out to be like $46/nite. PLUS, it had a view of Table Mountain and you're right in the middle of the famous market. They're also great about arranging tours. I recommend it highly.

Old Apr 17th, 2000, 11:34 PM
Roy

Why don't you try 30 Fiskaal Road Guest House in Camps Bay. We are a luxury Mediterranean style guest house ( Finalist in the AA Travel Guides Accommodation Awards 2000 ). The villa majestically overlooks the world famous Camps Bay beaches and is situated on the slopes of Table Mountain. Rates range from R185 to R370 p.person sharing (approximately 27 to 57 dollars per person sharing)including a full English breakfast.For more info please go to : http://home.mweb.co.za/se/seroy

Old Apr 18th, 2000, 10:46 PM
Anna

My parents have just returned from the above guesthouse - & have not stopped raving about it.

Old Apr 21st, 2000, 05:30 PM
Kathy

I just returned from S.A. and stayed 6 nights at the Monkey Valley Resort in Noordhoek, about a 20 minute drive from the city. I highly recommend it. The food is great and the setting is wonderful on a nature reserve with a huge beach. Very lovely place.

Old Apr 24th, 2000, 02:04 PM
Jane

I looked at the 30 Fiskaal site and the place looks really well designed and furnished but I feel it is far from everything. Not sure how to get from there to the waterfront in 10 minutes!!! I lived in CT most of my life and am a fast driver!! I would rather stay where there is more 'action'. I would not stay in Noordhoek in the winter (July).

Old Jul 12th, 2000, 04:06 AM
Staffan Backman

If you are looking for B&B we can thoroghly recommend Acorn House, a Georgian House on the slope of Table Mountain. Acorn House has only got 7 rooms and a cottage. Very nice and friendly. Small pool in the garden and a very reasonable price. <BR>Acorn House <BR>1, Montrose Avenue, Oranjezicht <BR>Cape Town 8001 <BR>tel +27 (0)21 461 1782, fax 461 1768