fly from kigali RW to nairobi TZ-costs?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

has anyone flown this route? what did they pay and what airline was it with?
LP guide say its about $260usd, quote done here in canada was $417cdn with rwanda air.
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 03:03 AM

Something funny is going on with this thread. It shows "0" replies, but when I tried to post another message my first one appeared on the screen. Let me try to post again.

Yes, I have flown the route with Kenya Aiways. They do have daily direct flights, but for some reason it is hard to find them on expedia.com. What I could find on that website costs over $600. The expedia.co.uk website shows direct flights from Nairobi to Kigali for £268, or around US$475. No idea whether you can book through them from Canada, though. Travex.co.uk shows the same flight for £263 (US$465).

I can't find anything current on Rwanda Air. It seems to me they were a code share with Kenya Airways, but not sure. There also is a company called Rwandair Express, which probably the one you are referring to. Personally I would spend a little more and go with Kenya Airways, a world class airline.

Since yesterday I did some checking, and you have, indeed, probably been quoted a price for Rwandair Express. They are a much smaller airline than Kenya, but I have been assured by some African contacts they are reliable. Your CDN$417 sounds like an extremely good deal.

Old Jan 24th, 2006, 03:34 AM

If I seemed to be contradicting myself in the previous post, let me explain. I wrote the 2nd & 3rd paras yesterday. Since then I did some checking, and added the final paragraph to the post.

BTW, when I said the CDN$417 sounds like an extremely good deal, I was assuming you were referring to a round trip ticket. If it was for a one-way flight, then the price is more in line with what Kenya charges.
Old Feb 7th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Original Poster

THANKS FOR THE INFO! yes this was a one way fare price $417...
Old Feb 8th, 2006, 11:48 AM

Okay, I wondered if it was one-way. Unfortunately there aren't any budget airlines in that part of the world, and you can get a better deal on round trip tickets anyway.

There are some other options, but it depends on your plans. Were you thinking of adding Rwanda to a trip in Kenya or Tanzania? If that's the case, then a Nairobi-Kigali-Nairobi flight would be easiest. If you will be in Uganda, then there are buses that will take you from Kampala to Rwanda at a fraction of the price of a flight. If you just want to get to Kigali, then I believe Ethiopia Airlines goes there after a stop in Addis Ababa.