Flights to Maun / Skukuza

Sep 19th, 2005, 10:34 PM
Original Poster

Flights to Maun / Skukuza

I'm having trouble getting business class flights to Joburg in February with BA miles. Does anyone know if you can fly to Maun (Botswana) or Skukuza (Sabi Sands) from either Harare or Lusaka ?
Sep 20th, 2005, 04:55 AM

regrettably you cannot, flights to and from Maun/Skukuza are through Johannesburg & because of the poor connection times you are likely to need an overnight in Johannesburg.

You possibly could fly from lusaka to gabarone and then up to Maun. I do not know the schedule, but suggest you look at Air Botswana's schedule.

from Lusaka or ealsewhere in Zambia you check with Airwaves and possibly get onto one of their Mfuwe/lower Zambezi transfers to Livingstone, from there you possibly could get another charter to your Botswana destination.

Moremi Air and I think Sefofane might have planes stationed in LVI that would put you into the Bots camps.

Check the same for Harare.
Sep 20th, 2005, 06:29 AM

If you can get to Lusaka, you can catch a flight to Livingstone and drive from their to Kasane, Botswana, from where you can fly to Delta camps or Maun. My Sefofane flight from the Okavango dropped me off in Kasane, so its an airport they use. Or, as mkhonze, writes, maybe you can fly directly into Botswana from Livingstone.

You can also fly relatively inexpensivley from Harare to JNB to Skukuza.

Sep 20th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Original Poster

Thanks. the biggest issue I've got is that I've only got a week for this safari and don't want to spend it on the road or in planes ! Joburg therefore probably makes sense - will check BA miles availability in either economy or premium economy.

Search this Thread