Flights to Cape Town

Jan 27th, 2004, 05:58 PM
Original Poster

Flights to Cape Town

Came across airconsolidators advertising reduced prices to South Africa. Can anyone who had already used these sites guide me?
Are they trustworthy? Advice will be much appreciated.
Jan 28th, 2004, 06:33 AM
sandi

Yes, there are reduced fares being offered by SAA and also Virgin Atlantic. The latter would be a connection in London and then onto SA; while the former non-stop* from JFK or ATL to CPT or JNB.
*there is one flight per wk that isn't non-stop, the stop for 1-hr either at Cape Verde Isle de Sol or Senegal. All flights on SA on return have a stop.

You don't mention on which sites you've seen these fares. But if you want to go direct to the consolidators who are offering these you can contact:

www.premiertours.com - check for their air fares dept. (they do land tours also) - or call their 800# and talk to them direct. They've been specializing in such fares 25-yrs. so are reputable - we've used them with no problems.

www.2afrika.com (also has consolidator air fares (they also to land packages). They are also well received for airfares by posters here.

Not familiar with flight other than on SAA, but if you're interested in the Virgin Atlantic specials, contact them directly.

Jan 28th, 2004, 09:27 AM

I've booked through http://www.consolidatorwebfares.com/afspecials.htm with BA for $967 RT from Baltimore in May. We added a stop over in London on the way as I have Marriott points and am staying in a nice place for points. Since you arriver early in the morning and BA's flight to Cape Town leaves at night, it makes the stopover worthwhile. After making the reservations I called BA to make sure I'd get my miles there and to get seat assignments. Everything is a go so far!
Jan 28th, 2004, 10:19 AM

Try skyauctions.com. I got tix from JFK to cape town for $790 + tax on SAA.

Search this Thread